Chinese has actually been drinking tea for approximately 4,000 years. Together with firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, as well as vinegar, the Chinese considered tea as one of the 7 needs to begin a day.
Types of Tea
The Chinese tea may be classified right into 5 types according to the different approaches whereby it is processed. Below are the categories:
– Environment-friendly Tea– is the range which maintains the initial color of the tea leaves without fermentation throughout processing.
– Black Tea– This is referred to as “red Chinese tea”, the type which is fermented prior to cooking. Keep in mind also that black tea is a later selection developed on the basis of the eco-friendly tea.
– Wulong Tea– Likewise called Oolong Chinese tea, this classification represents a range half means between the environment-friendly as well as the black teas. This is being made after partial fermentation.
– Compressed Tea– is the type of Chinese tea which is pressed and also set right into a certain form. Many individuals considered this as helpful for transportation and storage space and also are primarily provided to the ethnic minorities living in the boundary areas of the nation.
– Fragrant Tea– This kind of Chinese tea is referred to as “aromatic” since it is made by blending great smelling flowers in the tea leaves during processing. The blossoms that are commonly utilized for this purpose consist of the jasmine as well as magnolia, to name a few.
The Tea Production
Chinese has actually maintained that a new tea plant must expand for 5 years before its leaves can be selected. The trunk of the old plant need to after that be cut off to require new stems to outgrow the roots in the following year. This sort of rehabilitation must be repeated as this enables the tea plant to offer for concerning a hundred years.
The period of tea selecting usually depends on the local climate as well as it varies from area to location. As you all understand, China is the homeland of tea. It has tea bushes as very early as five to 6 thousand years earlier, and also human farming of these plants go back two thousand years. Today, it was reported that tea is produced in substantial areas of China from Hainan Island down in the severe south to Shandong Province in the north, from Tibet in the southwest to Taiwan across the Straits. To sum up, the Chinese tea expands at greater than 20 districts.
On the shores of West Lake in Hangzhou, where the famous eco-friendly tea Longjing originates from, it was reported that the choosing starts from completion of March and lasts via October. A competent woman picker can just collect 600 grams of these environment-friendly tea leaves in a day.
After the harvest, the new leaves have to be parched in tea cauldrons. As necessary, this job has now been greatly mechanized, although the leading quality Longjing tea still has to be stir-parched by hand, doing just 250 grams every fifty percent hour. After that, the tea cauldrons are heated electrically to a temperature level of about 25 level centigrade or 74 level Fahrenheit. It after that takes 4 extra pounds of fresh Chinese tea leaves to produce one extra pound of parched Chinese tea.
For the procedures of grinding, parching, rolling, forming and drying out, different type of equipments have actually been created and developed. This work ended up regarding 100 kgs of ended up Chinese tea a hr, soothing the employees from much of their grind.